1888: A one-room school building opens for 11 students in what is now east Phoenix.
1914: Enrollment grows to 55, and land is purchased for a two-room school.
1920-21: A packing plant opens and more people move into the area, increasing the amount of taxes collected. A new building is dedicated.
1927: Discussion about building a high school starts.
1929: The purchase of a school bus boosts enrollment.
1930: The Balsz District, later renamed the Balsz Elementary District, joins Phoenix Union High and discontinues its ninth grade.
1941: Balsz creates double sessions because it has more students, about 485. That grows to 1,312 by 1945.
1951: Griffith School, with 14 classrooms, is built at 4505 E. Palm Lane.
1955: David Crockett School opens at 501 N. 36th St. when enrollment hits 2,400.
1964: Balsz administration offices are built at 4209 E. Belleview.
1996: The district renovates its campuses while students attend classes at the Phoenix Union High School District's East High.
2003-2004: Brunson/Lee Elementary School opens.
2011: Balsz has five school campuses and approximately 2,900 students enrolled.